Friday 19 August 2011

Spring Equinox Party

I normally hold bonfire parties at winter solstices but conflicts have developed over the last couple of years so I thought, why not at the equinoxes? Spring would also give me a chance to showcase the Hytte (the cedar shed with the viking theme). It was better attended than the soltice bonfires have been, with the exception of my first one, primarilly, I think, due to the time of year and the weather.
The event was held March 20th. There were some people that I dearly wanted to be there who did not show because of various reasons but in all, the event went well. And the feedback I got was that people had a good time and some were impressed with the hytte (it was all decked out in shields, hides, etc.)

Here are a couple pix;

In the Hytte
Around the campfire
The moon was in full and was supposed to be the closest (and therefor biggest) it has been in, well I forgot the details. The photos just don't do it justice so I didn't post the pix of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment